template-data/header
Print-friendly version

 manor-farm-garden_5.jpg manor-farm-kitchen_garden.jpg  manor-farm-38.jpg


The tiny hamlet of Prestwood with a population of less than 30 is reached from the B 5032 by the single track road from either Denstone or Ellastone.
Prestwood has been around since the middle ages when a John de Prestwood lived here The name was originally Priests Wood and it belonged to the Abbey at Calwich some 3 miles away.It has always been a small farming community and the only excitement would have been when the Parliamentary forces attacked Wootton Lodge one mile away  during the cival war,although the fact that Bonnie Prince Charlie got within 8 miles on his way south during his attempt to seize the Crown in 1746 must have caused a stir.Now it is an ideal base for exploring both The Staffordshire Moorlands  or The Peak District National Park  while remembering the The Potteries  with all their heritage are only 20 miles away,and of coarse Alton Towers  is less than three miles away
                                             

view_down_valley.jpgview_from_bedroom.jpgmeadow_2_1.jpg
Manor House Farm Prestwood, Denstone , Uttoxeter , Staffordshire , , ST14 5DD, United Kingdom - Show map - Tel: 01889 590415 / 07976 767629 Email: cmball@manorhousefarm.co.uk
Copyright © Manor House Farm 2014. Web Design by 7Soft/WSI Yorkshire.